We haven’t done a stats post in awhile, so we thought we’d do one to take us through the end of the trip:
- States: 28 individual states, 35 counting states each time we were there, which was a couple times for some states! (Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Washington, Oregon, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Oregon, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado). We were close enough to see Nebraska but did not enter it. This also doesn’t count any states we flew over!
- Approximate Miles Traveled: 16,000 (25,750 km) – of these ~9,000 miles (14484 km) were towing. In addition, we drove K’s car about 2,200 miles (3541 km) to move it to CO
- Books Read (Regular & Audio): 34
- Miles Hiked: 200.9 (323.32 km) – Craters of the Moon (9 mls), Lolo Hot Springs (5.5 mls), Glacier (31.9 mls), Spokane (7 mls), Leavenworth (9.5 mls), Olympic National Park (26.6 mls), Cape Disappointment (1.1 mls), Florence, OR (1.5 ml), Rhode Island (2 mls), Pennsylvania (7 mls), New York City (9 mls), Crater Lake (5.4 mls), Redwoods National Park & surrounding areas (3.3 mls), Sequoia & Kings Canyon (2.9 mls), Trabuco Canyon (3.6 mls), Joshua Tree National Park (2.5 mls), Grand Canyon (7.6 mls). These are all the miles we were able to recall and document, though there was much more walking that wasn’t accounted for. Either way, I think our goal of getting out, seeing the country, and being active was met!
- Other Camping Locations Stayed in / RV stored at: 25
- Family & Friends’ Places Parked at / Stayed with: 10
- Nights Spent in Wal-Mart Parking Lots: 6
- Hotels Stayed at: 6
- Friends who visited and stayed with us in our RV: 3
- Weddings Stumbled Upon: 9
- Cheapest Gas: $2.99 (New Mexico)
- Most Expensive Gas: $4.29 (North Dakota)
- Approximate Lowest Elevation Reached: 0 ft (0 m)
- Approximate Highest Elevation Reached: 10,450 ft (3,185 m) – Rendezvous Peak, Jackson Hole Aerial Tram
- Flat tires: 2